Information for Doctors
Referrals may be helpful for patients with conditions:
- Type 1 Diabetes (including patients on insulin pumps)
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Gestational Diabetes who are delivering privately (eg. Knox/Mitcham or at Wonthaggi)
- Hyperthyroidism/Hypothyroidism (mark as urgent if the patient is pregnant or if the patient has severe derangement of the TFT’s)
- Thyroid cancer
- Osteoporosis or Paget's Disease
- Adrenal masses requiring investigation
- Addisons Disease (for follow up or for initial diagnosis)
- Hypercalcaemia (not related to a known cancer or sarcoidosis) and/or known hyperparathyroidism
- Pituitary Dysfunction/Tumours (including hyperprolactinaemia)
If the referral is urgent, please inform the secretary, as then the patient may be prioritised into appointment slots reserved for urgent referrals and/or placed on the waiting list. Please also fax the complete referral for urgent patients to assist in this regard. Please note that the current wait for appointments at Cowes for new referrals is approximately 3 months. Dr Bartlett is more than happy to see patients from the Bass Coast in Melbourne and we recommend that patients have their first appointment in Melbourne so that their issues can be sorted sooner. Please also note that Dr Bartlett does not routinely bulk bill patients.
If you need to contact Dr Bartlett please contact the rooms on 9725-3003. If Dr Bartlett is not currently in the rooms, then she can be paged by the secretary for all urgent matters.